2011年12月28日 星期三

Personal Vision - Inspiration and Life Purpose - A Sacred Path


Firstly, I must explain something I've already said above. None the wiser does not imply that I personally have not evolved. I have, hugely. And when I go to teach people who are where I once was, I recognise just how far I've travelled in those 35 years, in fact, as a teacher, often that gap is a massive problem. My compassion for innocence in my clients is so often tested in training programs, but, that's the point. If you get so high that you can't teach someone with compassion, it's probably time to leave the planet and I'm not ready for that.

Of all the things I've learned in these years some are transparency of myths that are callled truths, some are positive realisations of incredible wisdom that really does help people jump the chasm between the mundane and the profound. In other words from motivation to inspiration.

The timing of that great leap is incredibly important. To push someone across the chasm is impossible, and so, until a person says "I want to go from mundane to profound life" they stay blissfully innocent - naive - and function as an important part of the infrastructure of social networks and company culture in which, quite often, the lowest common denominator has the greatest emotional control.

Take for example a team leader, who, through one circumstance or another is not inspired in life. They will, by necessity and the rules of motivational engagement, counsel their team members. But what if their counsel is corrupted by naivety. They've been, in this scenario, empowered to disempower people, probably using the guise of empowerment to massage their advice into place. This again, can remind me so much of my own past, giving and receiving self serving advice, cherry picking a smorgasbord of options to rationalise my choices.

I guess I can't be blamed for being over enthusiastic to share the "other side" - to want to teach the art of Inspiration and it's associated emotional, mental, relationship, financial and work based models. I guess I choose not to beat myself up for this ambition, it is, after all, my life purpose. The challenge is, as it is with any leader, to step down the voltage of their inspiration and vision, to chunk it down to bite sized consumable communication for those whose world is, shall we say, "comfort driven."

When I prepare for a training or conference presentation I imagine myself entertaining a mesmerised audience, a group hungry for the mysteries of life, wanting to make a contribution, ready to challenge their ego, wanting more love, more inspiration, more connection to nature and universe and creator. What I get, is vastly different.

People are like spiders. They make webs. Infrastructure like family, partners, mortgages, lifestyles, clubs, associations, friends, diets, dreams, hopes and, most importantly a passionate ambition to avoid discomfort. To seek pleasure and avoid pain. And then, it all comes back to me again. That was me, and it took most of 35 years, and too many mistakes to count in order to arrive in this place I now have. A Free Spirit.... without infrastructure.

Then, I am humbled again. Change and growth are not so easy for people as it is for me, I have no such infrastructure, nothing to lose, I follow my heart and spirit and that comes with costs and only after so much has been let go of.

A man in a vision quest seminar realises the dream he's created and the wife he's married to and committed to are in conflict.

A woman realises that she's living her life vicariously through her child and realises she's invested everything in her child achieving happiness, in order to find happiness. A co-dependency that is causing hell.

And I am left with this thing about honouring a person's choices. It is not for me to say, "there are plenty of relationships out there, or, that "nothing affects the child more than the unlived life of the parent." Both these insights would and could move people into inspirational states, lift them from the beige of survival to the challenge of contribution - inspiration.

It is said that if a molecule changes the universe grows. Infinitesimal shifts in some place can cause massive ones somewhere else. And it's this thin thread of insight that allows me to sleep deep at night. I may bring an elephant to eat, but people can only eat, one mouthful at a time.

Those shifts that look minor to me, are not minor to others. Small adjustments to me, like changing relatationships, moving jobs or losing weight. All small things in one perspective but, with the webs we create and call life, huge expeditions with significant ramifications for others.

But there is a bridge. A Vision Quest.... and although many people believe they set their goals and live their vision... few take the time on a daily, weekly, or yearly basis to remind themselves about why, a little discomfort in life is important.

The removal of suffering, which to Buddhist people is the ultimate realisation of spiritual heaven, can be misleading to the cherry picking motivated individual. What they translate that motto into is "Life = All pleasure - remove pain." and that's a great motto for a motivated individual, caught in their own spider web. How to stay where I shouldn't be, and be happy.

The Vision Quest is normally done in nature, over a few days of inspiration building inner reflection. On my last corporate Vision Quest, the group stayed up untill 2.30am boozing the night before, they arrived with hangovers, and wanted to leave early to play golf. The Vision Quest, I'd dreamed to share with them became a "gee, can you get this over with" session more like a dentist appointment than a sacred vision quest.

One can easily blame the world for what happens in life, but that's not inspiration. I can see that I am not honouring the traditions that have been shared with me from Shaman, all amazing and socially separate people - they've gifted me with sacred teachings and I, have tried to dilute them to feel many who are not ready. It is me that is not respecting my ancestors, not the clients out drinking all night.

Theatre in teaching is vital. In Canadan with the MicMac people's I shared many a moment with elders who wanted to pass on tribal custom inspiration. I was too filled with information, to hear much of it, but when I did, it was because the theatre was perfect. The sweat lodge, the ceremony, the respect for tradition, the clothing, and the preparation. Here is a wisdom for all teachers. Make the theatre - enforce the theatre - relax on the knowledge.

And now this leads to the Wisdom and purpose of this article because so far, I have in fact, been respecting the theatre of this wisdom I am about to share.

In all the great teachings that have been shared with me over 35 years, one wisdom stands head and shoulders above the rest. And that wisdom is:

"The Size of Your Vision determines the Size of your Life...."

We are born to grow, to expand our perspective, to be like a tree, always seeking the sun, always spreading the branches, digging roots - learning and growing, giving and receiving.... no two days are ever the same and therefore it is wise to know, in which direction your Sun rises.... More than Soul, this is self-knowledge.

Where am I going?

Why am I here?

Who am I?

Where did I come from?

These are the four questions in the heart of all humanity.... help others find those answers, and remind them, that today's answer is tomorrows error.




Chris Walker < http://www.chriswalker.com.au > is a visionary business consultant and of the world's leading facilitators of Personal/Professional Development. Author, consultant and professional speaker, his considered a leader in the field of human potential and lifestyles for success. His VIP and Mastery Programs have been attended by thousands of individuals around the world seeking tools to live life and manage their careers to their fullest potential.

Chris blends twenty years experience working in over 30 countries, a masters degree in Business Management, a BE in Environment, five successful businesses and years if studies in the Eastern Arts if Yoga and Mind Mastery.

His programs in Present Time Consciousness, Mind/Body Mastery, Corporate Spirituality and the Powerful Sciences of the Heart/Mind Balance create definite life changing formulas for business and personal success. Chris' amazing programs unravel the mysteries of human behaviour, personal growth and professional development which lead to a more balanced lifestyle. For more please visit http://www.innerwealth.com





This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

沒有留言:

張貼留言