2012年1月12日 星期四

The Lemonade Cleanse - My Personal Experience, and Whether It's Worth Trying


So! I'm back with another diet experience, on the quest towards becoming healthy and happy. I've written about a few different things now, the sacred heart diet, strip that fat, and now it's onto the lemonade cleanse. This one's interesting though, since it's a bit different than what I've been doing so far... this isn't a weight loss diet in the proper sense, it's more of a detox cleanse. I DID lose a ton of weight in the ten days, but it's starting to come back now... though I think a few pounds of that'll probably be permanent.

So! The lemonade cleanse: what is it?

The concept's pretty simple... in fact, all the instructions take about a half a page to tell, if you're interested in trying the Lemonade Cleanse hit the link at the bottom, since that's not what this article is about. But the basic idea, is there's a lemonade you make out of maple syrup, lemons, and cayenne pepper... I know the pepper makes it sounds horrible, but it's actually not too bad... and you can lower or ramp up the cayenne depending on your tolerance, although the higher the dose the better... cayenne pepper is apparently the single healthiest herb you can eat, though some might want to watch out for heart burn?

That's not quite all that's involved though... the rest of it involves taking some natural laxatives... either an herbal tea twice a day, or a straight shot of about a liter of water and sea salt once a day... the salt water was... pretty horrible, but good lord did it work. Number one thing I learned? For God's sake, don't take it unless you'll be at home for a while, you don't want to get caught somewhere else when that stuff hits half an hour after drinking.

So How Was it? Was it tough?

... yes, to be honest. This one one of the most difficult diets I've been on, especially in the first three days. I felt pretty bad... low energy, and the laxatives were a little rough... as in, they worked. Very well. Like, don't take it unless you know you'll have easy access to a bathroom for the next two hours... you'll regret it if you take it before work for example. Oddly enough I was only hungry for the first three days... this might not be the same experience other's have, but once I rounded the hump it actually wasn't too bad. I bought a little ebook on some tips for the master cleanse... some of them made things easier, but I personally didn't take any of the 'foods you can cheat with' tips... so the version I tried was pretty strong. If you want a less difficult version of the master cleanse, you might try that. (the ebook in question I talk about in the article below if you're interested).

Okay, it was hard then... was it worth it?

Absolutely! I felt better than ever by the end... I did lose close to ten pounds, but I want to make clear that this is NOT to be done as a weight loss diet. It's a detox diet... all the junk in our every day lives (from processed foods to pesticides etc.) makes us very unhealthy... low energy, difficulty losing weight, all kinds of things. I feel much better now, enough to where I'm recommending that all my friends do it too. Half the weight does come back (only about 2 pounds of that is actual fat probably) but I've felt healthier, more full of energy, and overall more able to live my life the way I want... so I definitely feel like the lemonade cleanse is worth it.




So! While there's more I can say about this (and I definitely recommend checking out some more of my thoughts on the Lemon Cleanse [http://www.squidoo.com/lemoncleanse] if you're interested or curious) what's the closing word? To be honest... the stuff that... er... came out... is NOT stuff I like knowing I was carrying around inside me. If everyone's got that kind of filth with them 24/7, it makes you wonder how anyone can function at all. I feel healthier... and I'm finding it easier to eat healthier now too, though maybe that's just me? *shrug*. I'm recommending this to all my friends, it's tough to go through it (though in there's a few other things I tried to make things a little easier on me... not the focus of this article, but if you're interested check out the link).

Instructions and more personal insight into the Lemon Cleanse [http://www.squidoo.com/lemoncleanse]

James Wright is a long time on and off dieter, looking to share the info he's found in his quest to get healthy now that he's finally found the combination that worked for him.





This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

沒有留言:

張貼留言